Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Home Mama!



So Kendall was out today taking her beloved Baby WeeWee out for a walk. As I sat on the porch and watched, she waved goodbye. Suddenly she stopped, started walking back, ran up, gave me a kiss and said "Home Mama" I can not tell you what I was feeling at that moment, but it was a rush of sadness and extreme joy all mixed up. Joy that my beautiful (and I mean beautiful, quite possibly the most beautiful two year old in the word) daughter has such a sweet, loving heart, and that she wanted to come home and give her mommy a kiss. Sadness because she is getting so big, and one day it will be "Home mama" after her first day of kindergarten, "Home mama" after a first date, "home mama" after a semester in college...I sat there and willed myself to remember every single thing about that moment...but I did that when she was a tiny baby, and I can't remember her smell, the way she felt in my arms....oh how sad is that?




So I am focusing on the fun stuff-the fact that she IS a BIG girl and can play and talk to me. She gets cuter and smarter every single day! I don't think I have ever heard any sweeter words than "home mama." Well, except for maybe the Love ya mommy that I got before bed tonight!

No comments: